The Ola District Library is full of books, DVDs, and fun & educational activities for both the young & the old. However, you may want to join the Boise Public Library or one of its partners in Meridian or Nampa, to access additional materials.
Non-Resident Card for Boise Public Library:
Non-resident senior citizens over the age of 62 may purchase a Non-Resident Card for an annual fee of $17.33; if you are a non-resident under the age of 62, the annual fee is $69.30.
The Non-Resident Card has the same privileges as a Borrower’s Card and the annual payment of the non-resident fee by one individual in a household allows all other persons in that household to obtain a Non-Resident Card without the payment of an additional fee.
All books, including the new & popular ones, can be checked out for 4 weeks. Most books and materials can be renewed, and fees are no longer collected for overdue books.
Book Club Sets available at Boise Public Library:
The library has 45 Book Club sets; each set contains 10 copies and can be checked out for six weeks. Sets must be checked out and returned as sets.
If you want to see a list of all the sets, click on this link: https://www.boisepubliclibrary.org/info/search/ and then insert “book club sets” (without the parentheses) in the top search box labeled “i.e Author, Title, Keyword, etc.” If you find a set that you’d like to check out, click “place hold” and choose your pick-up location.
The Boise Public Library is part of the LYNX! Consortium. The Consortium is a partnership between 12 city and district libraries in southern Idaho. Theses libraries share an online catalog, services, and a variety of materials that members may borrow, reducing costs and barriers to access for all. If you are a member of one of these libraries, you have access to any and all of the materials and services at these locations:
- Boise Public Library – 4 locations: Main, Bown Crossing, Ustick & Cole, Collister, & Hilcrest
- Ada Community Library – Hidden Springs Branch
- Ada Community Library – Lake Hazel Branch
- Ada Community Library – Star Branch
- Ada Community Library – Victory Branch
- Caldwell Public Library – 1010 Dearborn St., Caldwell, ID 83605
- Eagle Public Library – 100 N. Stierman, Eagle, ID 83616
- Garden City Public Library – 6015 Glenwood, Garden City, ID 83714
- Kuna Library District – 457 N Locust Ave, Kuna, ID 83634
- Meridian Library District – 1326 W. Cherry Lane, Meridian, ID 83642
- Meridian Library District – Silverstone Branch, 3531 E. Overland Rd., Meridian, ID 83642
- Nampa Public Library – 215 12th Ave. S. Nampa, ID 85651